We’re in an economy-wide transformation where decarbonizing our energy systems is imperative and is a goal aligned with Pattern’s mission to transition the world to renewable energy. We are working to meet these challenges and contribute to building a sustainable, decarbonized world.
Over the last 14 years, we have grown our operational fleet to more than 35 utility-scale renewable energy sites, totaling over 6,000 megawatts of installed capacity. In 2022, we expanded the distributed energy and storage side of our business by acquiring Dynamic Energy, and we built an internal green fuels team to further diversify our reach.
We released our 2023 Sustainability Report, highlighting Pattern’s commitments, progress, and initiatives in the areas of environmental, social, and governance (ESG).
Here are some other highlights since our last Sustainability Report:
- Our operational portfolio produced over 17,700 GWh of clean electricity, enough to meet the annual needs of more than 4 million people and avoid 18.2 million metric tons of carbon dioxide compared to coal-fired generation.
- The first year of operations of our Western Spirit Wind facility in New Mexico, the largest single-phase wind power installation in the U.S., increased Pattern’s annual generation by more than 20% and helped meet surging energy demand in the West.
- We continued development on our SunZia Wind and Transmission project, a capacity three times that of Western Spirit Wind, and received all necessary county and state-level permits.
- The First Nations Major Projects Coalition chose Pattern as the first renewable energy member of its Sustaining Partner Program, which will provide opportunities to continue our work with Indigenous Peoples on essential clean energy infrastructure projects.
- Our projects contributed $90M to their local economies through land leases, property taxes, and community contributions.
- Pattern’s internal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Council developed the Pattern RISE program to expand how we contribute to DEI across the company.
- We were voted a 2022 Top Workplace in the Bay Area by The San Francisco Chronicle and the #1 renewable energy company.
Pattern infuses sustainability practices into all we do, from our investments in our communities and commitments to environmental stewardship and safety to how we empower our workforce. This work helps us advance our exciting 30 GW+ development pipeline – clean power projects that will generate billions in lasting, renewable revenue for families and communities. Learn more in our 2023 Sustainability Report.